What is visualisation?
Visualising and manifesting your dream life can be a powerful tool in achieving your goals. Visualisation involves imagining yourself in a certain situation to help yourself actually get there in real life. When you imagine every step of an event or activity going well, you can get your mind and body ready to take those steps in real life. Manifestation is the idea of bringing something you want into existence through aspirational-thought practices. It is believed that using the power of focus and imagination can help you make progress towards achieving your goals, reduce anxiety, and achieve mental clarity.
Creating a vision board
To enhance your visualisation practice, consider creating a vision board. A vision board is a collection of images or objects arranged in a way to help you manifest your goals or vision. You can cut out images from magazines or create a digital vision board, for example on Pinterest or Canva. You can use the vision board to manifest your personal goals or create a visual representation of a personal vision statement that you can look at during the new year to remind you of your intentions.
Using essential oils for visualisation and manifestation
Using essential oils during your visualisation practice can be incredibly powerful to evoke memories and positive vibes. When it comes to using essential oils during your visualisation practice, it's important to choose oils that resonate with you personally that can help you evoke memories and positive vibes. Here are a few additional oils to consider:
- Lavender is a great oil for promoting relaxation and reducing stress. It can help create a peaceful and calming atmosphere during your visualisation practice.
- Cedarwood is a grounding oil that can help promote feelings of stability and security. It's a great option if you're feeling anxious or overwhelmed.
- Rosemary is a stimulating oil that can help improve memory and concentration. It's a great choice for when you need to focus on a specific task or goal.
- Peppermint is a great oil to help support memory, focus, concentration, and mental performance. Sweet orange and bergamot oils are uplifting to the mind and body and can help with self-love, self-worth, and self-acceptance.
- Frankincense is known as the “Oil of Truth” and can help create new perspectives based on integrity and enlightenment
- Patchouli can help alleviate nervous tension and worry and is a soothing oil for meditation.
Putting it into practice
In addition to visualisation and essential oils, it’s important to remember that taking action is a crucial part of manifesting your goals. This may involve taking small steps each day or making bigger changes in your life. To further enhance your visualisation practice, here are some additional tips to consider:
- Set aside a specific time and place for your visualisation practice. This will help you establish a routine and make it easier to focus.
- Use all of your senses when visualising. Try to imagine the sights, sounds, smells, tastes, and feelings associated with achieving your goals. The more detailed your visualisation, the more powerful it will be.
- Use positive affirmations to reinforce your visualisation. Repeat phrases to yourself like "I am capable of achieving my goals" or "I am worthy of success." This can help counteract any negative self-talk or self-doubt.
- Practice gratitude. Take a few moments each day to reflect on the things in your life that you're grateful for. This can help shift your focus to the positive and keep you motivated.
- Keep your vision board or other visual aids in a place where you'll see them often. This will serve as a reminder of your goals and keep you motivated to take action.
By incorporating these tips into your visualisation and manifesting practice, you can create a powerful tool for achieving your goals and creating the life you've always dreamed of. Remember to be patient and persistent, and to celebrate your successes along the way.