Do you use a body oil as part of your routine? If not, perhaps, you thought that body oils are too sticky or will leave a greasy residue on your skin. Body oils from natural cold-pressed oils mixed with pure essential oils are a fantastic way to not only keep your skin nourished and moisturised but to experience the aromatherapy benefits. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Our body oils are a truly multi-functional aromatherapy products and we love sharing the benefits of using a natural body oil instead of body lotions and creams. As essential oils are concentrated, they need diluting in a carrier oil. For our range of body oils, we use a nourishing base of sweet almond and jojoba oils that glide on the skin without leaving a greasy residue.
Body oils vs moisturisers, creams and lotions
Conventional body lotions, creams and moisturisers typically contain a range of artificial ingredients to keep the texture ‘creamy’ for a long while. They contain a mix of oil-based ingredients and water-based ingredients held together by emulsifiers, preservatives and stabilisers. In addition to preservatives, they often contain artificial fragrances and other artificial ingredients. When using a body lotion, it creates a filmy layer on your skin which makes it feel moisturised. They may not visibly irritate your skin but they are unlikely to nourish your skin as a natural body oil would do. ⠀
Benefits of aromatherapy body oils
- Nourishment and protection for the skin: Cold-pressed oils, such as sweet almond and jojoba, provide deep nourishment to the skin penetrating the outer layers. They are vitamin-rich and suitable for all skin types, but especially for sensitive, mature and sun-damaged skin. They also contain beneficial fatty acids and minerals. Do you know that jojoba is actually a liquid wax and is chemically very similar to human sebum? This makes it an excellent oil to moisturise, nourish and protect the skin.
- Reduce cellulite: Sweet almond and jojoba can actually improve the texture and elasticity of your skin because they absorb quickly and deeply into skin which means that they actually nourish your skin. Studies have shown that regular use of natural carrier oils can reverse the appearance of cellulite and significantly improve skin texture. ⠀⠀⠀
Aromatherapy benefits: You are not only benefiting from the nourishment of the carrier oils but also from the aromatherapy benefits from the essential oils. Essential oils work within our body cells. When applied topically onto the skin, essential oil molecules
are absorbed by the skin and enter the blood stream to be taken to various parts of the body. The oil molecules bind to cell receptors in the target organ to ‘administer’ its therapeutic benefits.
How to use body & bath oils?
With pure and cold-pressed jojoba and sweet almond carefully sourced from the Balearic Islands, our body oils are truly multifunctional and can be used as a body, massage, bath, facial, hair, cuticles oil & more.
- Massage oil: Aromatherapy body oils are ideal for a full body massage, or simply massaging onto specific areas – such as arms and legs – while enjoying the evocative aromas. Gently massaging the abdomen can relieve period pains or digestive upset. Massage can also ease tension and help with achy muscles and joints or fluid retention. Massaging with a body oil will nurture tired muscles after sports and strenuous activity. And it’s such a great way to promote wellbeing, helping you feel relaxed and revitalised.
- Post-sun body care: In the summer our skin is typically more exposed to the elements so it is a good idea to take a little extra care. Massage post sunbathing into your body and let the sweet almond oil and jojoba nourish your skin, prevent dryness and help restore moisture.
- Bath oil: You can pour a little oil in your bath. The oil will make your skin smooth and soft whilst you will enjoy the evocative aromas of the essential oils.
- After epilation and hair removal: Use a body oil after epilation, shaving, waxing or hair removal to prevent razor burns and skin irritation and minimise ingrown hairs.
- Cuticle oil: Take care of your nails and cuticles by massaging a few drops on top of your fingers. It will help soften the skin and help with your manicure.
- Hair oil: The oil can be used as a hair treatment – leave the oil for 20 minutes and then wash away. It will make your hair shiny and healthy. We recommend doing a hair treatment with our oils once a week. You can also apply a few drops on dry ends or damage hair without rinsing off.
EXPLORE OUR RANGE OF BODY OILS - click here